from local surgeon Jason Samuels, MD. Give him a follow and a thank-you on Twitter
Breweries (in no particular order):
- Our Mutual Friends Brewery – about a 10 min drive from the convention center in the hip River North (RINO) district. Has everything from double hopped IPAs to sour Belgian style ale.
- Cerebral Brewery – not exactly downtown but in many people’s minds the best all around brewery in Denver.
- Great Divide Brewery – A Denver staple. Several good beers to choose from.
- Black Project Brewery – for those who like experimental ales and sour beers. Some of the best sours in the country.
- Odells – another Denver / CO staple.
- New Belgium – no longer a microbrewery and main brewery is in Fort Collins (maybe best brewery tour there is), but they have a satellite brewery in The Source hotel and you can get their beers at The Woods which has some of the best views in the city
Best coffee – Huckleberry Roasters.
Best place to grab a drink with friends – Union Station Terminal Bar.
Best brewery – Controversial but I’d say Cerebral followed by Our Mutual Friends.
Best cocktail bar – Death and Co.
Skip 16th street mall. Go to the River North district (RINO) instead.
Non-skiing day trip – skip Boulder and go to Fort Collins.
We have a great art museum.
Weather dependent best hikes – Red Rocks (easy/accessible) or Lair o The Bear (can be icy).